Credit Reporting Disputes

Information on your financial transactions with Westfield Bank is reported to credit bureaus. Over time, that information demonstrates your creditworthiness and determines whether you qualify for additional credit. That makes monitoring your credit report a critical part of your financial health.

What should you do if you believe information has been inaccurately or incorrectly reported to a credit bureau? You can fill out the Credit Report Dispute Form to report your dispute and have any information that Westfield Bank incorrectly reported to the credit bureau changed. Please complete this form in its entirety and mail to:

Westfield Bank
Attn: Credit Report Disputes
Two Park Circle
P.O. Box 5002
Westfield Center, OH 44251

It is helpful if you include copies of any pertinent documents that support your dispute, such as the credit report showing the disputed information, account statements, court order, fraud affidavit, receipts, or cancelled checks.

NOTE: If you do not send the form to the above postal address or provide all required information on the form, you may experience a delay in resolving your dispute or we may be unable to investigate your dispute.

Once Westfield Bank has received a completed Credit Report Dispute Form, your dispute will be investigated and you will be notified of the results of the investigation within 30 days of receipt of your form. It may take up to 45 days to investigate your dispute if, after providing us with your initial Credit Report Dispute Form, additional information is provided that is relevant to the investigation or additional time is needed to complete the investigation. If the investigation finds that the information you are disputing was inaccurate, Westfield Bank will promptly notify the credit bureau of the determination and provide the credit bureau with the information necessary to correct the inaccuracy.

The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) promotes the accuracy, fairness, and privacy of information in the files of consumers reporting agencies. More information can be found in A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

If you have any questions regarding the dispute process, please call 800.368.8930 or visit one of our eight locations.